connielingus / *New Music*

Saturday, May 28, 2005

*New Music This Week*

I have always been a sucker for Ryan Adams and his Y'allternative lyrical genius that stems all the way back to the "Whiskeytown" days. I am pleased to see that with the new album "Cold Roses" (backed by The Cardinals), he has finally returned to his Americana / Alt-Country roots.
Like so many others I had an uncomfortable transition embracing past album "Rock and Roll" (but I did, however, somberly enjoy the Anglo-inspired double downer duo of "Love is Hell 1 & 2").... So despite having a few redundant sounding songs I think this latest offering is almost back in form of the good ol' "Heartbreaker" heyday with a wonderfully twangy 70's Country rock/Grateful Dead-like offering.

I doubt if Cold Roses will garner Adams too many new fans per say, but most long-term followers will appreciate the sort of sound that caught their attention in the first place..... Nevertheless, if you are so inclined, I recommend taking a Listen to "Easy Plateau" "Magnolia Mountain" and the lead-off single "Let It Ride" as a quality representation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home